December 19, 2008
You may have recently read or heard that Butler County Community College suffered a $1 million operating budgetary cut from Butler County – our local sponsor. While a cut this size is never good news, frankly we were not surprised given these economic times.
As President of BC3, I want to ensure each of you that we will always remain true to our mission of “affordable and accessible education… in an environment that values integrity, diversity and excellence.” Read the rest of this entry »
December 18, 2008
I wish you all a joyous holiday season and a prosperous new year. While you enjoy time away from work and share the love of family, please do not forget our troops across the world.
See you in January for an exciting spring semester!
December 9, 2008
As you may recall from my Convocation speech, the College is moving forward in expanding its approach to sustainable/green efforts. Just this semester alone, we have engaged in the following:
- Finalized a bid package with a firm that will audit the campus using Enviromental Protection Agency standards and eventual follow through on recommendations from the report.
- As expanded photocopy program saved an estimated $7,000 in paper costs.
- The College enhanced web-based services to eliminate labor/paper costs.
- The College completed lighting upgrades to reduce electricity costs.
- Faculty, staff and students can participate in BC3′s ride share program. To date, 135 individuals use the carpolling network saving an estimated 2,196 gallons of gasoline. Read the rest of this entry »