The following information is taken from the Pennsylvania Departments of Education and Health, the University of Delaware, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention. Special thanks to our own Dr. Robin Patterson for forwarding me pertinent information and updates.
To help protect against the spread of the flu and other germs and viruses, BC3 students and employees are encouraged to take simple prevention measures such as:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues.
- Wash hands often (NOTE: The College is in the process of purchasing wall-mounted, alcohol-based hand sanitizers for hallways in each campus building).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth
- Stay at home when you are sick
According to the CDC, symptoms for the Swine Influenza A (H1N1) are similar to the symptoms of seasonal flu in humans and may include some combination of:
- Fever, greater than 100 degrees F
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Body aches
Information about Swine Influenza A (H1N1) can be found by clicking on the following:
The College will continue to monitor the situation and communicate on an as-needed basis. Student concerns should be forwarded to John Kearney, Vice President for Student Services, and employee concerns should be forwarded to Linda Dodd, Director of Human Resources.