I write on the eve of our biggest day – Commencement.
The College’s 48th Commencement will certainly be the crowning jewel of an unbelievable year.
Consider that in 2015-16, the College:
- was named by Schools.com as the No. 1 Community College in Pennsylvania;
- was recognized for a third-straight year by GI Jobs Magazine as a Military Friendly School;
- had its first New Century Scholar, Maizee Zaccone – the top community college student in Pennsylvania;
- received national recognition for its Rho Phi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa;
- achieved remarkable success in its “Pioneer Proud,” major gifts campaign;
- was named The Pittsburgh Tribune Review’s Reader’s Choice winner for the best northern tier college or university;
- received many commendations during the exit meetings of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education decennial accreditation visit in March;
- achieved success from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing in the fall; and
- had Chris Calhoun, a nationally recognized Parks and Recreation Professor, win his second United Way Red Apple Award.
To the graduates, congratulations on your well-deserved recognition. See you tomorrow night at Commencement!