Move over March Madness, Butler County Community College had a monster slam dunk at the recent Phi Theta Kappa Middle States Regional Convention this weekend in New Jersey.
The College’s Rho Phi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa scored incredible victories by bringing home a variety of awards.
These recent honors included being:
- Named a Five-Star Chapter.
- Recognized as a Middle States Gold Chapter.
- Awarded a Middle States Distinguished Chapter.
- Lauded with an Honors in Action Award.
- Rewarded with the College Project Award.
- Highlighted with the Reach Award.
- Named a Distinguished Chapter Advisor Team.
For some perspective, BC3’s Rho Phi Chapter competed against 80 regional chapters from Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and Washington D.C. scoring in the top 10. Led by President Katie Speranza and Vice President Tarah Schmidt, our chapter focused on “Combatting Addiction and Mental Illness on the College Campus” for its Honors in Action project.
Other chapter officers are Jake Hetrick, Olivia Hershberger, Terri Boots and Kim Gardner. Advisors are Arlene Gardopee, Morgan Rizzardi, Heather Jewart, and Jennifer Loue.
Please join me in congratulating this wonderful group of students and advisors.