December 9, 2008
As you may recall from my Convocation speech, the College is moving forward in expanding its approach to sustainable/green efforts. Just this semester alone, we have engaged in the following:
- Finalized a bid package with a firm that will audit the campus using Enviromental Protection Agency standards and eventual follow through on recommendations from the report.
- As expanded photocopy program saved an estimated $7,000 in paper costs.
- The College enhanced web-based services to eliminate labor/paper costs.
- The College completed lighting upgrades to reduce electricity costs.
- Faculty, staff and students can participate in BC3’s ride share program. To date, 135 individuals use the carpolling network saving an estimated 2,196 gallons of gasoline. Read the rest of this entry »